The Humane Society of Statesboro & Bulloch County, Inc. is working hard to provide low cost spay & neuter to pet owners that could not otherwise easily afford it.
Our $20Fix program allows qualifying individuals to “fix” their animal for only $20. The Humane Society pays the balance of this amount with money raised through fundraising events and generous donations.
To receive a $20 Fix voucher please call 912.681.9393. When leaving a message, please repeat your phone number twice.
To qualify for the $20 Fix voucher
1. You must meet financial eligibility requirements (photo ID required):
Limited-income households must provide Medicaid card or proof that entire household falls within these guidelines:
1 person = $13,000 or less; 2 people = $17,000 or less; 3 people = $21,000 or less; 4 or more = $25,000 or less.
2. College students must provide a Student ID, must not live at home with parents/guardians, and must not have a spouse whose income exceeds the above guidelines.
3. You must be a resident of Bulloch County.
4. You must own the dog or cat.
5. You must call the SNAC clinic for an appointment 843-645-2500 or e-mail: email@example.com
The SNAC van picks up your pet and returns it to Anderson’s General Store, 23736 E. Hwy 80, Statesboro (near Lowes); however, if you want to provide you own transportation to the SNAC clinic in Ridgeland, SC, you can.
On the day of your pet’s appointment:
1. Take the voucher with you.
You should be prepared to show your photo ID to the SNAC or HSSBC representative.
2. Take your pet’s current rabies certificate if you have one. If you do not have rabies paperwork with you,
the vet must give your pet a rabies shot, as required by law—and the cost is covered by your $20 payment.
A rabies tag is not sufficient proof of vaccination.
3. Be on time for pick-up (and return) and have your pet in a hard-sided, plastic crate. No wire cages.
SNAC provides FREE transport for Bulloch County. The SNAC van picks up and returns your pet to the parking lot at Anderson’s General Store, 23736 Hwy 80, Statesboro. You can also choose to take your pet directly to the SNAC clinic. Either way, if you must cancel your appointment, be sure to call SNAC as soon as possible so someone else can use the appointment.
4. You must pay in cash when you pick up your pet. The voucher only covers spay or neuter services and for a rabies shot, if needed. Any other services your request for your pet will be your responsibility.
Home • Spay & Neuter